Updated: 27th March 2020
Dear Members of SLSS,
The Ministry of Health (“MOH”) issued an advisory entitled “Additional Precautionary Measures to Prevent Further Importation and Spread of COVID-19 Cases” on 13 March 2020 and additional Safe Distancing Measures to Prevent Further Spread of COVID-19 Cases dated 20 March 2020. In view of the evolving COVID-19 situation, Sport Singapore (SportSG) further provided an advisory on 26th March, to the sporting fraternity providing operational guidance on physical distancing measures.
The SLSS Business Continuity Management Team would like to update our members on our measures to be taken in support of social distancing during this period. With effect from 27th March 2359hrs.
On Examinations and Classes
- All SLSS examinations and bookings are to be suspended till 30th April.
- For examinations affected by this, an announcement will be made by SLSS to members for the re-scheduling of booking subjected to terms and condition or alternatively, full refund on the examination fees paid.
- Members affected will be receiving an email directly to facilitate communicating with parents on the SLSS position.
- For lifesaving classes with participant (18 years and below) will be suspended till 30th April.
• No classes to be conducted
• No examinations allowed
- For lifesaving classes with participant (19 years and above), the classes may continue subject to:
• Capacity must be limited by the norm of one person per 16 sqm of activity space.
• Class size must be kept to a maximum of 10 people including instructors with minimum 1m spacing between them.
• ONLY non-contact activities allowed.
• Booking of examination is open after 7th April
• Examination may resume after 30th April
- Do adhere to any further SportsSG guidelines at their facilities.
On visiting our SLSS premise
- We have implemented a queue system at our premise. Please follow the floor markers to maintain social distancing.
- We will require you to fill in an online form for contact tracing when you visit our office.
On Supplementary Budget 2020
The Exco will be looking at the Self-Employed Person Income Relief Scheme (SIRS) rolled out by the government for Free-lancers and Self-employed. We will provide a guide to assist members on the application.
We will keep a constant review of the situation as it evolves acknowledging that any decision may potentially affect livelihood of our members.
Please continue to remain vigilant and to refer to the latest advisories and updates on MOH’s website.
SLSS BCM Team