UPDATE – CLOSURE OF SLSS OFFICE EXTENDED UNTIL 1 JUNE 2020
The SLSS Business Continuity Management (BCM) Team would like to inform all members and their students. In line with PM Lee Hsien Loong’s address and the Multi-Ministry Taskforce’s announcement on the extension of circuit breaker period and additional measures on 21 April 2020, as well as MOH Circular No.104/2020 dated 27 April 2020, we wish to inform that the closure of SLSS OFFICE will be extended until 1 June 2020 (inclusive). Please note the updates on arrangements stated in earlier circular.
On Examinations and Classes
- All SLSS examinations and bookings are to be suspended till 1st June 2020.
- All lifesaving classes with participant will be suspended till 1st June 2020.
- No examinations will be allowed
- No classes should be conducted
- The above measures is subjected to further guidelines from SportSG and/or Ministry.
On CPR and SNR booking from 15th Feb 2020
- Due to the close contact nature of our CPR and SNR examinations,
- All CPR and SNR examinations will be suspended till 1st June 2020.
- Upon approval from SportSG to carry out the activities, SLSS will put its best effort to clear the back log of bookings.
- Priority will be given to affected students when test schedule reopens.
- The EXCO will be inviting examiners of grade 2 and above to assist SLSS in this trying time to examine the students in a heighten level of hygiene
- Alternatively, should you seek a refund for your examinations, we will be releasing more information to facilitate the arrangement.
Closure of office for administrative matters
As SLSS services is considered a non-essential service, we will be following the Multi-Ministry Taskforce guidelines in the closure of office.
We will update the public on the re-opening of office and relevant service once the covid-19 measures have been lifted.
Latest updates from official media channels
The office is will also be upgrading its IT system and the website may not be available to public.
If you would like to find the latest update on the development of covid-19 measures with regards to SLSS programme. Please visit the following Facebook page:
While the office is closed, progress is on-going to roll out additional modules for the completion of CoachSG Level 1 Technical – Lifesaving. We will be sending out more information to all members in the month of May.
We seek your kind understanding during this critical period and wish you and your family to be safe and stay healthy.
SLSS BCM Team