(1) To provide an introduction to lifesaving and to develop an initial appreciation of water safety, rescue and resuscitation skills.
(2) To improve trainee’s knowledge and skills in lifesaving preparatory to the Standard Module.
Pre-requisite : Must be able to swim at least 200 meters in breaststroke or any other recognisable strokes.
Minimum Age : 9 years old.
Class Size : 8 – 10 participants.
Duration : 10 sessions of 2 hours each.
Course Fee : $230 per participant.
Course Syllabus :
A. Water safety knowledge.
B. Casualty simulated – Weak-swimmer, Non-swimmer, Injured swimmer and Unconscious swimmer.
C. Reaching, Wading, Throwing and Accompanied Rescues.
D. Entries – Shallow and Deep water entries.
E. Exits and Landings.
F. Resuscitation – Expired Air Resuscitation, Resuscitation on land and in water.
G. Surface Dive and Underwater Swim.
H. Defences and releases.
I. Swim and Non-contact Tow.
J. Use of bystanders.
K. Initiative Training.
L. Knowledge on :-
- Casualty Recognition / Principles of Water Rescue
- Dangers of Cold Water / Treatment for Hypothermia
- Basic First Aid Treatment.